When We Collect Information
We may collect information from you when you use our website in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
• Visiting pages on our website;
• Making an online donation;
• Making a donation in-person;
• Completing surveys;
• Registering for a program or an event;
• Registering for raffles and other promotional events; and
• Registering to participate in an advocacy or public awareness campaign.
Information We Collect
USA Cares may collect personal and non-personal information that you choose to supply to our organization, to include the following:
Personal information, such as:
– Contact information including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number;
– Demographic and other information including job title, postcode, preferences, and interests;
– Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, security code, bank routing number, and account number;
Non-personal information, such as:
– Session cookies to help you navigate through our website when you log into a password-only area;
– Internet protocol (“IP”) address and browsing variables (e.g., the domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.);
Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website.
What We Do with the Information We Gather
Generally, we request and use the personal information you provide to carry out transactions that you request or initiate, such as making a donation and participating in events. We may use information such as cookies and IP information, to better understand your needs and provide you with an improved online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
• To enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis;
• Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions, provided you have opted in to receive such communications;
• Improve our programs and services;
• Customize the website according to your interests;
• Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases;
• Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing;
• Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing;
• Share information (e.g., your name and address) with third parties if you make a donation in honor or memory of a third party; and
• Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our donors, supporters, or others, or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Do We Share Personal Information?
Air Advisor Memorial is committed to the privacy and safety of all of our donors’ sensitive information. At no time will we sell or share the data you entrust us with to any third party, without the reasons specified above. We value your decision to be a part of our mission, and value the trust you place in our organization with your personal information.
Your Choice to Opt-Out
We provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive Air Advisor Memorial communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the instructions included in the communication or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to opt-out.
Donations – Your Information is Accurate and Secure
We are committed to accuracy and precision in processing your payments and contributions. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security, and accurate processing of your information. We use industry-standard safeguards via PayPal to protect the security of credit card transactions and your personal information. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security, and other measures that make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us, or to access your personal data stored in our system. When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, many of those companies also use encryption and/or other security measures.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to easily visit other websites of interest; however, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website and therefore, Air Advisor Memorial cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such websites. This policy does not govern websites other than the Air Advisor Memorial website, and users are advised to exercise caution when visiting such external websites and to review the privacy statements applicable to each website in question.
Use of Tracking Information
We respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to opt out of sharing your personal information or having information about your online activities collected. Unless you have selected the “do not track” function, over time, third parties may collect personal information about your online activities across different websites when you access our website.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of our website, please write to the Air Advisor Memorial.